[RP TownTalk] Budget Meeting

Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Thu May 31 13:08:23 UTC 2007

Dear readers:

A couple of points of clarification on Rob's note:

The first Cafritz meeting is this Saturday, June 2 from 10-2 at Riverdale
Elementary.  The second one is Thursday the 7th.

Tonights budget meeting is not limited to the police budget, but will begin
with the police budget.  I will be somewhat surprised if the council doesn't
at least start looking at Public Works tonight too.

Lastly, while June 8 is an important goal, and is advantagous in several
ways, it is not an absolute deadline.  It is much more important to calmly
get both the expenditure and funding side of the budget done correctly than
it is to meet the June 8 goal.  Just as there are funding options open
beyond property taxes, there are options beyond turning in a rate by June 8.

Best wishes,

Vern

--
Vernon Archer, Mayor