[RP TownTalk] Metro/Belcrest

cranky old coot lking at knob.com
Mon Nov 5 22:08:11 UTC 2007

Yes, I noticed.  Perhaps if this peace of road in Hayttsville is closed
long enough people will get out of the habit of using Belcrest to get
from 410 East to Queensbury Rd, cutting through Hayttsville and
Riverdale to avoid the 410-Rt #1 intersection.

A clogged/blocked street in Hayttsville may be a good thing for the
traffic in Riverdale Park neighborhoods.

If you use the sidewalk on the north side of Belcrest and the crosswalk
by the entrance to the Metro, you will have the safest walking access to
the Metro.  By default you will then also cross Queens Chapel Rd on the
north side of the intersection with Belcrest, using the crosswalk and
light vis the unmarked, less safe south side of the intersection.

All the construction may also get pedestrians out of the habit of
"wandering" across Belcrest anywhere from the corner of the church to
the gas station. Just a though.

Yes, commuter traffic cutting through town is one of my pet peeves.
Sorry if it conflicts with one of yours.  Maybe we can both learn
something tomorrow night.

Lou