[RP TownTalk] streamlining the TownTalk Listserv

erika wilson erikawilson at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 19 14:08:16 UTC 2007

Hey all
I had some ideas on how to streamline the TownTalk Listserv message digest...

I love glancing through the daily digest but it is often very frustrating to have to scroll down through reply after reply and numerous additional formatting lines to get to the message or topic I am interested in reading. Maybe you could hotlink the messages from the summary at the beginning of the email so you could just click and skip down to the message you want to read? If you are familiar with Freecycle.com, they recently switched from a
set up like we currently have on the listserv (just a running list of
messages) to a much more efficient and user-friendly version. I am now
much more likely to read through the whole email b/c it is more
manageable.

Also, it would be great if you could scrub original messages from a reply message so we don't have to read the same message 3 or 4 times in one digest (which occurred in the last 2 digests). I know that I got TownTalk for months and didn't read it b/c it was just too cumbersome. But I think it is a valuable resource for the community that could be slightly motified to be much more useful. I particularly love the most recent increase in environmental and green topics....keep them coming!

 I think it is fairly easy to make this switch for our listserv and I'd be happy to discuss this in more detail offline. Anyway, just some thoughts to help promote and improve TownTalk....

Thanks!

Erika