[RP TownTalk] streamlining the TownTalk Listserv

Lou King lking at knob.com
Tue Nov 20 00:07:29 UTC 2007

Suggestions to help your TownTalk digest pleasures:

erika wilson wrote:
> I love glancing through the daily digest but it is often very
> frustrating to have to scroll down through reply after reply and
> numerous additional formatting lines to get to the message or topic I
> am interested in reading.
*Get MIME or Plain Text Digests?*

Your mail reader may or may not support MIME digests. In general MIME
digests are preferred, but if you have a problem reading them, select
plain text digests.

Sign in to http://riverdale-prak.org and check your options. Changing
from "MIME" to "Plain Text" may help with the 'additional formatting lines'.

I don't use the digest so this is just a suggestion. I'm really just
talking out of my a-a-a-a .. other side of my mouth.

> Also, it would be great if you could scrub original messages from a
> reply message so we don't have to read the same message 3 or 4 times
> in one digest (which occurred in the last 2 digests).
 From _Promoting a Civilized Environment:_

"5. It is helpful to include /part/ of the message to which you are
reacting in your response, but please don't quote the whole thing."

Oh that fix to your problem requires the cooperation of all members of
the forum. Good luck. Sorry.

It does pay to review the rules though, I learned something and will
stop using the embellishments of html.

Lou