[RP TownTalk] Halloween

Rob Oppenheim rob.oppenheim at comcast.net
Tue Oct 30 22:28:59 UTC 2007

Yup. Trick-or-Treat is 6-8 pm.
That's the standard hours for trick-or-treating in RP
as set by the town council a long time ago.

However, in the past, daylight savings ended before Halloween night.
So it was dark by 6 pm on Halloween.

This year, Daylight Savings ends on the first Sunday of November
That is Sunday Nov 4, 2007.

So for the first time this year, it will still be light at 6 pm on Halloween.
Sunset will be at 6:09 p.m. and twilight will end at 6:37 p.m.

It is not traditional to trick and treat in the light, but it might be good.
For a more traditional dark time, just wait till 6:40 pm.

Perhaps the ending time should be 8:30 pm now.
If you would like it changed to a later time next year,
you can discuss it here and talk to your council member.

On Nov 4, We "Fall Back" one hour (2 am becomes 1 am).
You gain one hour of sleep. (Forget to set the clock back and
you will be at church an hour early.) It will get dark really early -
the sun sets at 5:05 p.m. on Nov 4th.

-Rob Oppenheim