[RP TownTalk] Fire Dept incident

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 27 12:20:37 UTC 2007

RE the story - I watched the video and it was
mentioned that the person who was set on fire might've
even agreed to it!  Huh?  That certainly doesn't
justify setting anyone on fire, in any circumstances.
However, I'm curious as to which firefighters were
involved, were they new people?, and also whether
there were any officers, senior department members,
etc. on hand.  Here again, not excusing anyone, but
I'd like to hear the whole story from both sides.

As to the negative comments re. volunteer
firefighters/EMT's; I agree that there's no place for
people who can't do these jobs in a professional
manner; but I'd also like to remind people that
there's lots of volunteers (including people who've
served at Company 7)who do their job with pride and
professionalism. AND - volunteers don't get paid.  How
many people do you personally know who would do such a
potentially dangerous job, especially without getting
a paycheck?   I'm proud to have been a volunteer
firefighter/EMT and I support keeping volunteer
firefighters in the County, there's lots of good
people out there; unfortunately, it's just the
"stinkers" who get the publicity.