[RP TownTalk] You're invited to the 2nd Annual Master Peace Community Garden Spring Festival

Vinnie Bevivino bevivino at umd.edu
Thu Apr 10 15:15:17 UTC 2008

Come out on April 19th from 11 to 3 to the 2nd Annual Master Peace
Community Garden Spring Festival!

We're throwing a spring festival in the garden, and there will be lots
of free food, fun family games, and music to enjoy.  You can learn
about our garden and and the work that William Wirt students have put
into it this year, and about the other exciting programs at the Center
for Educational Partnership.  This is an entirely free event, and your
family and neighbors are invited.

The garden is located at the Center for Educational Partnership, 6200
Sheridan Street, Riverdale, MD.  This is the perfect opportunity to
see first hand this transformative work.

You can download an English or Spanish flyer for the festival at our
website at http://www.engagedu.umd.edu/programs/cnuf/mpg.  We would
love to see you there!

If you are interested in volunteering at the festival, let us know.
We need people from 9:30 to 4.  We need volunteers to set up, break
down, and help with fun youth activities.  Please contact me if you
are interested in volunteering at this event.

In other Master Peace News...
We have won a very exciting grant from WaterWorks, a program of
Organic Gardener Magazine.  You'll me hearing more about the specifics
in the future, but they will be paying for:
-a large 1000 to 2000 gallon rainwater collection system to collect
and use water from our roof.
-various beautification projects around the garden
-a dedication ceremony to commemorate these projects and the garden in
general.

Very exciting!

We hope to see you all out here next week to show you the exciting
work we've been up to.

Vinnie Bevivino
Community Garden Educator
The Engaged University