[RP TownTalk] Purple Line route thru Riverdale

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 18:15:47 UTC 2008

there's a post about the routing of the Purple Line here:
http://greatergreaterwashington.org/post.cgi?id=1530

Can anyone remind me what the history of this is? I know somebody told
me that a routing via our MARC station had been considered but
rejected. What was the reason? (I can imagine that the routing from
the MARC station onto 410 could look challenging. Also easy to imagine
CSX objections/obstacles to the routing from College Park Metro down
to the MARC station)

I'm wondering if with previously-unimaginable amounts of federal money
looking for productive and jobs-producing ways to be spent if this
question might be reopened? The Cafritz connection would seem to be a
selling point (Would give Riverdale & Cafritz a relatively easy
connection to the College Park Metro station).