[RP TownTalk] Cavalier high-speed internet?

Jonah Blaustein jonah at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 26 14:48:31 UTC 2008

I just heard about a book that deals with this very conundrum called
'Gotcha Capitalism: How Hidden Fees Rip You Off Every Day - and What
You Can Do About It '  (Ballantine Books, 2008) by Bob Sullivan.
I actually had a running dispute with Verizon because of their
deceptive advertising and hidden fees that I took up with the Public
Service Commission of MD.  In the end, the Public Service Commission
sided with Verizon but they could not give an explanation of their
ruling that made any sense. Franz Kafka couldn't have dreamed up a more
convoluted, nonsensical and sinister system gone mad than what we have
these days.