[RP TownTalk] Suspended "Take Home" Vehicles

Jenna Edwards repvet2004 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 12 00:46:04 UTC 2008

Saw on the evening news last night that the County Executive of Anne Arundel County has suspended "Take Home" vehicle use for County employees.The only exeception is County Police officers who LIVE in the County.Out of County employees and police officers may no longer take their County vehicle home.I am sure other jurisdictions will follow.I still do not understand why our police officers are taking Town owned vehicles so far away from our Town. Delaware ,Pennsylvania, and Virginia just does not make any sense.Even the 30 air mile limit seems very excessive given prices today.Also why does our Town Manager take a large Dodge Durango to Montgomery County? Lets give this benefit to police officers and officials who choose to live in our Town.