[RP TownTalk] New Dog Park in District

marc stauffer marc.stauffer at verizon.net
Sat May 24 17:34:05 UTC 2008

Hello Riverdale Barkers,
About the College Park Dog Park; we have been pretty regular members
there with our 2 dogs, one big and one small schnauzer, since we
moved to Riverdale.  The lock is a hassle, but its there due to the
way the park was set up with MNCPPC.  Apparently the dog park
association has an insurance liability that requires the association
to have members who pay a small yearly fee and document their dogs
health, vaccinations, etc.
There is a website and email group for the dog park:  http://
www.cpdogpark.org/
There is a small group of dedicated regulars with good dogs of all
sizes.  Our dogs seem to really enjoy going there as much as we can
get 'em there. Like someone mentioned, the location isn't the
greatest because it floods in the spring and ices over sometimes in
the winter; otherwise its a pretty good option until we can make a RP
dog park here in town.  It seems to me like we have more and more
dogs in town who could use a place to romp in the neighborhood.
Best,
Marc
marc stauffer
4913 ravenswood rd.