[RP TownTalk] Bookstore events/new Hyattsville book

A H teatimebelle at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 1 16:22:13 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I'm excited to announce that the new book "Hyattsville" (Images of America
series) will be released this month. Call or email to reserve your copy. Andra Damron (the author) will sign copies of the book at Book Nook Bookstore on Nov 15, 2008.
All events are free and open to all.

Events for Oct 2008

OCTOBER 1, 2008 7 PM

The Reporter’s Privilege: Protecting the Sources of Our News

Join LAURIN MILLS- "MEDIA LAWYER"

>From Watergate and the Pentagon Papers to Iran-Contra and Abu Ghraib,
journalists have used information from confidential sources to reveal
illegal conduct by our government. It is vital to our democracy that we
protect the people who are the sources for the exposes that are reported in
newspapers, magazines and books and broadcast in news programs on
television and radio. Media Lawyer LAURIN MILLS will discuss the importance
of confidential sources to a free press.

Oct 16, 2008 7pm. Book Group discussion of "Glass Castle".

Oct 18, 2008 3pm
Hyattsville resident and authour, Julia Duin will discuss her new book, Quitting
Church:Why the Faithful Are Fleeing and What to Do about It. Here's the
Wall Street Journal review of "Quitting Church"
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122031237268288821.html?mod=opinion_main_commentaries

Thanks

Book Nook Bookstore
5606 Baltimore Ave