[RP TownTalk] RR crossing safety improvements

OurDollMom at aol.com OurDollMom at aol.com
Sat Apr 4 14:51:19 UTC 2009

When I am at my shop many times I sit on the
front steps & watch traffic or when working in
Jemals windows.  I see people running stop
signs at all places or barely tap the brake &
move on with speed on Queensbury & Lafayette.
Also, Speed bumps or not on
Ravenswood, they run our stop signs too.

On the RR tracks, cars pile in behind each
other impatiently trying to push traffic on
faster.  If a train came - no car could get out
of the way...no place to go.

The bus heading east on Queensbury to go
over the tracks from S&Js should never pull
onto the tracks until those tracks are clear &
there is plenty of room to completely go across
& clear the tracks - but they impatiently pull on
to the tracks & stop for whoever in front of them
making right or lefts on Lafayette.

If people obeyed the law, drove defensively, had
patience, used common sense for safety, these
accidents would not happen.  Reality is this RR
track is ripe for disaster.

Putting up the lights to shine on Stop Signs,
painting white cross strips & having some type
of police being present - even if it is their coffee
break time - or what about a speed camera to
snap pictures of impatient drivers & send them
tickets???

The other day I actually saw a woman as the
RR crossing was coming down, floor her car
& came flying over the tracks to beat the arms.
I thought her car was going to be airborn.

We need to do something. It is our responsibility
to try.

Em

In a message dated 4/4/2009 8:53:01 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,