[RP TownTalk] Report on snow event and progress toward removal

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 17:05:06 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 11:53 AM, Dwight Holmes <dwightrholmes at gmail.com> wrote:
> While I'm sure there's always room for improvement,
> I've once again been impressed with the advantage of living in a town like
> RP vs living in unincorporated areas.

Our babysitter lives in Riverdale east of Kenilworth. Her neighborhood
was unplowed as of Monday afternoon when she came to watch our kids.
As she and her mom drove into our neighborhood, her mother remarked on
how clear the roads were compared to their neighborhood. Our
babysitter said, "That's because we are driving in Riverdale Park,
Mom." When she told me this story, I told her about how we pay a
little extra in taxes so that we have our own police department and
our own public works department. It was clear to me from talking to
her that our neighbors to the east do notice the difference in the
services.

I think it is important to remember that the last time we saw a storm
like this was nearly 7 years ago. I am very grateful to our public
works department for all their hard work, and also to my neighbors who
all pitched in to clear the streets and sidewalks.

I also enjoyed the break and seeing some old neighbors and friends who
I hadn't had time to visit with in a while!

-Sarah

--
Sarah Wayland
sarah.wayland at gmail.com