[RP TownTalk] Report on snow event and progress toward removal

Robert Reilly reillyrg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 04:02:11 UTC 2009

Riverdalians:

As a displaced northerner, I cannot believe the stink being displayed here
over snow removal. Those from Metro New York or Boston know big taxes are
$20,000 anually per average home. My parents neighbor pays just past
$29,000. They do not get garbage removal within that payment. Riverdale
could store a bulk of salt as stated, but it is slightly bad for the
environment to sit it out there all year waiting to be used that rare
occasion. It is generally stored in pole barns as the rain makes it one
giant grain of salt. It would be a better plan to have people do like the
northerners do, put their cars in the driveway pressed bumper to bumper.
Have the street clear on the snow day. That makes the plow drivers job just
a bit easier. Work as a community !! Get a shovel.!!! Maybe Riverdale needs
to raise taxes, but 4 new plows at $100k each  for that haley's comet snow
storm.!!!! Also buy a few dozen of shotgun's for the possible landing of
geese that might cause a public nuisance.

Did the complainers beat the plow in their job of shoveling the sidewalk and
driveway apron????

Robert

--
Robert G Reilly & Co.