[RP TownTalk] [RP Town Announce] Resolution 2009-R-03 Marquette Bank Lease Purchase

Lou King lking at knob.com
Fri Feb 13 22:36:09 UTC 2009

I have always felt that public documents are written to obscure their
meaning.  An outstanding example is taken for Resolution 2009-R-03 as
posted on RP Town Announce:

{quote}
6. This Resolution shall be effective immediately upon its adoption by
the Town Council.
Adopted by Mayor and Council of the Town of Riverdale Park at a special
legislative
meeting on January 26, 2009, with 6 members of the Council voting in the
affirmative, 6
members of the Council voting in the negative, and 0 members of the
Council abstaining
{/quote}

How many council members do we have? With 6 affirmative and 6 negative
votes, I guess it was a tie.

Each of our 6 council members must have voted twice. This is befitting
the false savings displayed in the discourse that proceeded the vote.

Louis King