[RP TownTalk] That eloosive rooster

Lou King lking at knob.com
Thu Feb 26 15:22:20 UTC 2009

> In a message dated 2/25/2009 11:20:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> lking at knob.com writes:
>
>     Euniverz at aol.com wrote, On 2/25/2009 10:16 PM:
>     > I still have a problem with reporters trolling our lists and taking
>     > what we say and putting it in a newspaper.  IMHO, it's like
>     > e-eavesdropping, it stifles open discourse on our list and I
>     > personally don't appreciate it.
>     As "we" were discussing at the Town Council Working session last
>     Monday,
>     the newspaper that they throw at your house every Thursday could be
>     considered trash. However, from personnel experience if you call the
>     circulation department (phone number is in the paper) they will stop
>     delivery to your house.
>
>     I mention this only because the paper's advertisement revenue is
>     based
>     on circulation. Revenue, that is something they understand.  When you
>     call if you mention why you are upset they may lesson.
>
>     CO*C*

Before anyone takes this thread about chickens and censure of the 4th
estate to seriously,  a historical view will reveal that the drug
medication deprived "Cranky old Coot" noted the public nature of the WWW
and this forum when the reporter's apparent actions were first brought up.

As I reread my words I see no suggestion that anyone be cen/sor/ed. I
did suggest cen/sure/ of the paper/reporter for bad form. And I do
lament any self-censorship of the free flow of ideas and opinions in
this forum do to the actions of others {of course within the guidance
for this forum, good taste and good citizenship, which are all the same.}

Cranky Old Coot's Keeper
Lou

P.S. I really, really am sorry about that signature element, but we were
talking about chickens ...