[RP TownTalk] Riverdale Rooster

lisagrob at verizon.net lisagrob at verizon.net
Tue Jan 13 15:22:09 UTC 2009

I don't feel the need to report him to the authorities unless he starts
waking me up every morning. I just feel lucky to see something so
unusual.

Lisa

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at  7:24 AM, Euniverz at aol.com wrote:

Do we really need to do anything about the Riverdale Rooster?  Is it
really bothering anyone? And as far as the possibility it might be
sacrificed, aren't millions of his female counterparts "sacrificed"
every year  anyway?  Cockfighters usually don't let their birds loose to
wander the  local streets, so calling Animal Control will likely not
lead to any  arrests.

I think it's wonderful that our neighborhood is bucolic enough to
support a  local rooster.  And yes, I've lived next door to roosters in
both bucolic  and less than ideal situations, including escapees from
the local live bird  market in the Bronx, and I didn't find them too
annoying.  Depending on the  breed, they are well equipped and well
insulated against the cold.

My $0.02, unless  he looks sick or injured, I say give him a name and
let him be.

Adrianne Lefkowitz
Madison and 48th

___________________
As has been said, at least we're talking a LIVE rooster and not the
"railroad roosters!"  That being said - I live on Ravenswood so maybe
I'll  see it; what do we do, just let it be, call Animal Control, or?
(I don't  even know if Animal Control answers any calls other than
emergencies on the  weekends)   I've seen a lot of hawks in the area,
hopefully none of  them will be in the mood for a chicken dinner!
subscription processing only

For more information about Riverdale Park, visit
http://www.riverdaleparkmd.info <http://www.riverdaleparkmd.info>
<http://www.riverdaleparkmd.info>