[RP TownTalk] F4 buses

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Wed May 27 17:23:41 UTC 2009

Thanks for the info on the "next bus" system!  RE the F4 update, the last I heard from Metro was a form letter that the matter is still under investigation.  I agree, I'd love to get our buses back in town.  I'm able to walk the couple of blocks to Route 1 or 49th Avenue but on my return trip, when I'm usually carrying groceries or other packages, walking can be a bit rough.   Too, there seems to be some confusion as to where the buses should stop at Route 1; the sign at the stop next to the Rite Aid on Queensbury says people should wait on Route 1 at the Calvert House.  Well, on various occasions I've done that and several buses have almost passed me by.  They say I should be waiting at the stop by the Rite Aid.  On other occasions when I'm on the bus and want to get off at the stop at the Rite Aid, bus drivers will say they can't stop there, but have to stop in front of Calvert House.  Bad enough to have to walk well out of my way to catch a bus in the
 first place, it would be nice if the drivers could be consistent.  Oh well.