[RP TownTalk] Has anybody wandered out?

Corey Slavitt coreyls at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 8 15:39:46 UTC 2010

Same phenomenon here at Oglethorpe Street and Riverside Drive.  This morning a car was left with its blinkers on in the middle of Oglethorpe and the town plow came through. There was a lot of horn blowing and the Riverdale Park staffer got out of the truck to see if they could find the person who left their car in the middle of the road.  They were successful after a bit!  And last night when I walked over to Riverside to pick up a box of kleenex and some Mucinex from a neighbor,(how wonderful to have such a great community of neighbors who are well stocked!) there was another car running in the middle of the street in front of a huge mountain of snow that blocked half of Riverside.  The car belonged to a neighbor's relatives who had no electricity in Waldorf and were staying in with family in Riverdale where most of us seem to have electricity.  Things could be worse here . . . and hopefully they won't be with the next storm.  I hadn't put a snowblower and a generator on my holiday wish list, but maybe next year they'll be at the top!