[RP TownTalk] field of dreams

Alan K. Thompson akthompson at riverdaleparkmd.gov
Sat Jul 17 02:31:02 UTC 2010

Dear Audrey,

We are taking it seriously.  I have been in contact with staff and other
council members multiple times per day monitoring and seeking solutions to
the problems at the field as they develop (for instance, I just found out
that there are now two instances of the nets being left up when they should
have been taken down).

I checked the nets (and for other behavior you have reported) when I drove
by the field at around 7:00 PM, and they were up, but the field was in use.
I'm planning to check them again every time I go past the field, which is a
few times per day, and to alter my driving patterns to go that way more
often.

We are somewhat hampered at this time by the fact that Mayor Archer is out
of town and quite unavailable (I don't think he's receiving e-mail on his
Blackberry), and I don't have easy access to contact information for the
Ipaltecos Ausentes, who are coordinating the use of the field.  I will dig
through my notes and e-mails again this evening, but I don't think I have
that information in them.

Please try to be patient as we in the town work through this problem.  You
graciously volunteered (which I greatly appreciate) to make sure the nets
were down, and it's likely that you will need to do that more now than in
the future after we have been able to contact the leaders of the Ausentes,
and their leaders have been able to communicate the new policies to their
membership.

Sincerely,

Alan Thompson
Ward 2 Town Council Representative