[RP TownTalk] Route 1, Queensbury, buses (Sue Collins)

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 16:07:47 UTC 2011

That particular bus goes to the University of MD site, the USDA building,
Raytheon, and, I think, American Physics building and then down to the College
Park Metro Station.  I guess that's just for people who work in those
buildings?  Speaking of which, ARE town residents allowed to ride any the U of
MD Shuttles now?  I'd heard that was in the discussion phase some time ago,
never heard any more about it.  I've also asked some of "The Bus" (county bus)
drivers if "The Bus" will ever run on weekends.  That would be of some help but
as of now, they just run on weekdays.  The drivers have said it's been talked
about but here again, nothing seems to be done.  Hmmm, maybe a town
shuttle/trolley?  Maybe it would help to get people out of their cars and into
public transportation?  And if it was worked like New Orleans, maybe even be a
selling point for the town?  Let's see, instead of streetcars named Desire, how
about....."Calvert?"  "Rosalie?"  (well, maybe not) (smile)