[RP TownTalk] Route 1, Queensbury, buses (Sue Collins)

Aaron Marcavitch acornhp at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 17:38:01 UTC 2011

Sue,

There is progress ongoing to get the 17 TheBUS to be a "circulator" route to get people to the region's sites.  While it wouldn't be a town trolley, it will indicate locations such as Riversdale for folks to get off.  ATHA will likely create a companion piece that indicates what you will see when you get off at those sites.  This route was re-routed to include College Park Metro stop and there is efforts to lengthen its operating schedule.  The progress is still ongoing, but there is movement behind the scenes.

ATHA's hope is that this circulator idea will be something that visitors can take the green line to College Park, ride the 17 to Riverdale Park, Hyattsville, etc and visit our great sites and places.  We are also going to make sure there is an obvious connection between the 17 and the Battle of Bladensburg commemoration in the Port Towns (either via the F8 or a new shuttle).

(Speaking of which, make sure August 13 is on your calendar to attend the Battle Encampment at Riversdale.  Noon to 4pm, lots of fun!)

Aaron
Anacostia Trails Heritage Area

--------
http://www.marcavitch.com