[RP TownTalk] Resident for Cafritz Development

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 27 11:29:26 UTC 2011

I for one do agree with Melissa; that was one of the reasons I'd moved here over
20 years ago; a small town feel, yet with a good public transportation system,
close to DC, etc.  While it would be foolish for anyone to expect time to stand
still with no change, as I've said before we need to be very careful if we want
to preserve our towns' unique character.  Slowly but surely our "neighborhood"
is being nibbled away.  RESPONSIBLE development is the key, not just throwing
up  buildings up and down Route 1 and in town.  Traffic is horrendous now, I
hate to think what it will be in 5 years' time.  Not to mention the extra
expenses for public services, schools, things like that. I sincerely hope
whatever development takes place IS done in a responsible manner, as we stand to
lose so much.  Too, all of this upscaling that is planned will make it rough for
people like myself who don't make big bucks or who are on the verge of living on
a retirement income to stay in town.  But I'm "sure" that nobody is actually
trying to run us lower-level white collar workers or blue collar workers
away....