[RP TownTalk] Graffiti

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 10:46:50 UTC 2011

Gerald King, I agree with you, graffiti is NOT art, it's vandalism, pure and
simple.  We're each entitled to our own opinion but I wonder if those people who
consider it art would like it if they woke up one morning and found their house
and car spray-painted, esp. with vulgar words and pictures?  Most of the
"children" who do this stuff are more than old enough to know right from wrong
and I think one of the best punishments if they're caught would be to make them
clean up the painted areas and do maintenance in the parks, etc.  Maybe if they
were responsible for keeping an area nice, they'd see what it means when someone
else vandalizes that property?  And yes, graffiti has been around 'forever,' but
so have murder and a lot of other ugly things.  All that means is that there's
been idiots and vandals throughout recorded history, not just in our day.