[RP TownTalk] Graffiti

OurDollMom at aol.com OurDollMom at aol.com
Wed Mar 23 12:52:51 UTC 2011

It feels like we are having a debate between
uneducated people on the arts.  The web site
you gave & I went to look - I do not know the
difference between beautiful colors in abstract
design or is this really considered graffiti. I am
not the corcoran art gallery experts to judge the
difference nor are you.  Graffiti is not acceptable
art form because it is disrespectfully drawn w/o
permission on other people's property against
their will.  It is also allowed to stay on surfaces
in low end neighborhoods where trash & garbage
abound.  Most of the time it is gang related. so
don't glorify it.  that is why we have a graffiti
patrol to remove it.  It encourages disrespect
of property.  Also if you want to put up artwork
of any kind - especially in a historic district -
supporting the mansion - the artwork has to
bring pride to the mansion, educated talented
groups present to the town the artwork for
the history and then the neighborhood picks
the group they like & a grant is gotten & the
work is done.   Outside an historic district
away from the mansion, the same holds true
in that the residents have a say in picking
but the artwork does not have to be historic.

And Bruce - all artwork is an expression of
one's inner self - INCLUDING THE ELEPHANTS
& THEIR ART WORK which is amazing.

And your $5 dues are due for the art council.

em