[RP TownTalk] Graffiti continued

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 13:24:47 UTC 2011

I'm an art lover myself and even if I don't care for a particular art form, I
respect the artist for his/her work.  However, I'm sorry, but I can't see where
defacing someone elses' private property, no matter HOW pretty the picture, can
be justified in any way shape or form.  Maybe it's because I was brought up in a
different time (the 50's) when kids were raised to have respect for other
peoples' belongings?  Nowadays it seems the kiddies are allowed to do whatever
they want under the guise of "self-expression," "finding themselves," etc., with
little or no discipline; and then when they get into REAL trouble, parents put
the blame on everybody else.  If my Mom would've ever caught me defacing, excuse
me, painting someones' wall or car, I would've been grounded for a month (at
least), made to clean up the mess, AND made to apologize for what I'd done.
(note; I am NOT talking about murals like the ones on the school or the one that
used to be at East-West Highway and Route 1; I'm assuming that permission was
given for those paintings?)   Just my humble opinion, of course...