[RP TownTalk] Broken window - when will it be fixed?

Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 16:29:01 UTC 2011

Sara, Dwight, Bruce, Sue, and all interested,

Code reports that the owner has assumed responsibility, has ordered a window
and related materials, and expects them in shortly.  Because there is damage
to the sill and support for the awning/roof, they also will need to
replace more than the glass.

I personally helped to board up the window as a favor to the A. E. Blues
Society and know that it is not simply replacing broken glass that is
needed, but having broader damage/decay addressed also.

In conversation I have had with Code, they are convinced that citing the
owner and or occupant will not speed up the correction of this situation.  I
have told code that my patience and that of the public are all wearing thin.

Sincerely,

Vern

Vernon Archer, Mayor
Town of Riverdale Park, Maryland