[RP TownTalk] Closed meetings

Euniverz euniverz at aol.com
Thu Sep 8 21:23:47 UTC 2011

The bottom line is....is this meeting in violation of the Maryland Public Meetings Act?  Or the sunshine law, or whatever it's called?  Or is it not?  If it is, the council should not have such a meeting.   If it is not, they can.

Adrianne Lefkowitz
Madison Street

I suppose we all agree then that the Town of Riverdale Park should
iscuss in public their (our) negotiating position? I'm sure that Whole
oods (or who ever) would be most appreciative of any advanced notice of
here Riverdale Park stands, what we will accept, what the town's bottom
ine is.
Do you except Whole Foods to publish, for the world to know, the minimum
hey feel the must get from the town to make a deal?
People want the Town's decision process and negotiating position to be
pen and public, yet in the passed they have complained that the Town
ave away the store, didn't get as much as they could.
There is a time for public input. There is a time for official public
iscussion. There is also a time for officials to hold their cards
loser to there vest. If you don't like what the elected officials do,
ake sure your voter registration in Riverdale Park is current so you
an vote AND then VOTE.
Getting more than one person to run for each office seems to be over the
op.
Now that I reached redundancy ...
Lou
< ascii ribbon campaign - stop HTML mail - www.asciiribbon.org