[RP TownTalk] TownTalk Digest, Vol 62, Issue 6

Lou King lking at knob.com
Sat Sep 10 01:29:38 UTC 2011

Ms Lefkowitz,

I'm sorry, I find you broad brush approach to elected officials too
irrational for response with a smile. (Please note I did not say you are
irrational - I fine you comments...) The type of generalization
reflected in your posting, in my opinion, underlies prejudges of all types.

I do not understand what correlation you see between you example of
officials actively conspiring to usurp the law and the current local
example of officials publicly announcing a closed meeting and the
purpose as required by the law. The results of that meeting are to be
made public.

Thanks to my/our Ward One Council Member Jonathan W. Ebbeler we all can
read the law without having to dig it out for ourselves - he also
included references. If you (anyone) has evidence of local malfeasance
PLEASE bring your facts to light! If proven, I will hold the rope to
hang the SOB. Yes, I am dismissive of innuendo. And innuendo is all I
have heard so far.

When discussing the legality of a publicly announced closed meeting,
opinions pro or con about the Cafrtiz project are not relevant. Sense
the law isn't going to get changed in time to affect what happens to the
Cafrtiz property, let use stay focused on facts and thing that can be
influenced.

Returning to you earlier posting:

Quote -- The bottom line is....is this meeting in violation of the
Maryland Public Meetings Act?  Or the sunshine law, or whatever it's
called?  Or is it not?  If it is, the council should not have such a
meeting.   If it is not, they can.

Adrianne Lefkowitz
Madison Street
-- Unquote

If you missed it I was agreeing with you. As for the end of your last post:

"I can't speak to any potential issues with the way Riverdale Park works..."

Nor has anyone else with facts.

Lou
O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop HTML mail - www.asciiribbon.org