[RP TownTalk] Broken window theory

ABragg7393 at aol.com ABragg7393 at aol.com
Mon Sep 26 23:13:11 UTC 2011

Driving by the old bookshop at the train station, I noticed that the window
 was broken out with a tarp over it and the words "good night Irene".  I
guess blaming it on the hurricane of the same name.  Weeks have passed and
now as I drove by this weekend I see graffiti all over the side (rail road)
of  the build ling.  This is The Broken Window Theory at work.  (google  this
and see how one little thing can lead to more of the same)
When Simon and I ran the bookshop someone crashed into that same window on
a Saturday night.  By Monday afternoon, we had a new window installed and
the boards removed from the old window and a new window in there as well.
It just takes a phone call and you can get the work done.

I love this little town and I would like to keep it in good repair.
Hopefully someone in authority will contact the owners and remedy this  situation.

Unless I am way off base and the graffiti is really "art".

Audrey