[RP TownTalk] Question on street repair for the list readers

Alan K. Thompson akthompson at riverdaleparkmd.gov
Wed Feb 29 21:54:45 UTC 2012

Hi Bob,

I asked Public Works Director Addison to provide me with an answer to your
questions, and also to answer a question of mine - are the street(s) you
mention wearing more than is expected given the time the were repaved?
 I've pasted his answer in below (quick summary: several AASHTO and ASTM
standards, and the street is wearing more than it should be, but probably
not because of improper construction/repaving).

Please let me know if you need more detail about the standards.

Alan
(Ward 2 Town Council Rep & Public Works Committee Member)

Prince George’s County uses Maryland State Highways Administration’s (MSHA)