[RP TownTalk] Town Talk and Town Announce

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 15:25:14 UTC 2012

I do agree that times have changed since 2007. Fewer people get modem-only
communications over painfully slow data lines. And I strongly agree with
Kate that more information/communication is always better.

I also appreciate the need for official communications to be somehow
indicated as such. I see two solutions to that dilemma.

(1) Collapse TownTalk and TownAnnounce into one list, with official
messages from town employees starting with a header that says something
like "OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION FROM THE TOWN OF RIVERDALE PARK". The
restrictions on town staff posting to the list can remain as they are.
(Though I'd also argue that sometimes even that would help calm the
discussion on the list. Town officials are often the only people who truly
understand all the facts of the situation. And really, most of the time,
what we residents want is information.)

(2) Add a link in the footer for all messages that says something like:

For official town announcements, subscribe to Town Announce:

Sarah Wayland
sarah.wayland at gmail.com