[RP TownTalk] Agenda for March 5, 2012, Meeting of the Mayor and Council

Jenni Pompi jpompi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 23:11:36 UTC 2012

Hi, all. I live in Riverdale Park and often attend our mayor and council
meetings in a official capacity, covering them for Riverdale
Park-University Park Patch <http://riverdalepark.patch.com/>.

The council members and mayor actually use their monthly worksessions to
hash out details on legislation and other items, and they accept public
comment at that time. They use legislative sessions, like tonight, to
actually vote on the items they have previously discussed (public comment
is also accepted at these meetings.)  Any of us who have attended a work
session can assure you, there is much, much discussion, particularly on
legislative matters. I believe last week's meeting did not adjourn until
after 11 p.m.

Cheers,

Jenni Pompi
Queensbury Rd.

--
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." - Martin Luther
King, Jr.