[RP TownTalk] Queensbury/Route 1 frustration

Jen Sanderson jensan6877 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 29 12:00:46 UTC 2013

I know this has been a topic before and I'm sure there is really nothing that can be done....but every morning, I come down Queensbury and turn left on Route 1.  I know that this intersection is horrible and I make sure I leave myself extra time in the morning.  There are many mornings that I have to sit thru the light more than once because other cars have clogged up/blocked the intersection.  I'm not going to pull out and add to the mess.  I feel that I have just come to accept this and I'm ok with that.

This morning, however, I was sitting at the light and of course, the intersection was completely blocked, so I sat thru the light.  The car behind me was a woman, in a black Dodge Caliber tag EDLLY.  She was very angry with me for not going thru the light.  She was honking, gesturing and yelling.  I raised my hands, like "what do you want me to do?"  She continued and she inched closer to the back of my car.  I am embarrassed to admit that I completely lost my temper and screamed at her.  So when the light turned green, I was so agitated, I went ahead and pulled out and she zoomed around me--almost clipping my back bumper.  Then guess what?  We were both blocking the intersection.  I hate being one of "those people" that blocks the intersection.

So, after my little rant here, is there anything that can be done about this intersection?  Or is it just a lost cause and maybe all of us neighbors can be patient and give ourselves a little extra time?  And do not honk and gesture angrily at the person in front of you when they are just trying to be polite/cautious?

Jen
42nd Ave.