[RP TownTalk] (no subject)

Jonathan W. Ebbeler jebbeler at efusionconsulting.com
Sat Mar 16 11:12:51 UTC 2013

> @Fred

You bring up very valid points that certainly have crossed many of our minds. My prior posting probably sparked some confusion given a few emails I received offline so I will attempt to clarify. Some of the confusion probably arises from the landholder himself though since many of us have tried to make sense of contradictions and changes of course by the landholder.

-Although it was reported that a lease or at least a letter of intent towards a Dunkin Donuts was imminent, none was ever produced and the permitting process was started under a convenience store not a DD
-Both a Dunkin Donuts and a gas station are uses that would have required a variance in any zoning the property has been under for the last 40+ years. (This is typically a 2+ year endeavor requiring county,not town approval prior to applying for building permits)
-It has been communicated to other bodies like the RP Business Association by the landholder that he is not pursuing a DD now, just a convenience store
-The convenience store will not have a gas station, nor beer/wine; it will just be a stand-alone convenience store although the town has yet to see previously-requested renderings and other required documentation that build-out of the site requires under current County land-use ordinances

Best,
Jonathan