[RP TownTalk] Flash flooding

Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 20:24:03 UTC 2014

Friends and neighbors,

As most of you know there was significant flash flooding this morning
between approximately 8:30 and 10. Parts of our immediate region received
as much as 5 inches in this very short period.  Police, public works, other
town staff, council members and myself have received numerous calls, texts,
and emails related to this very unusual event. We are trying to address the
most serious and immediate results of this event, and will make all
reasonable efforts to respond to specific messages.

The Washington Post has a good overview of this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/heavy-rain-in-prince-georges
-causes-flash-flooding-several-cars-stalled-in-high-waters/2014/06/10/97857d92-f0ac-11e3-bf76-447a5df6411f_story.html?
hpid=z3

Please be aware and watchful this evening as there is the possibility of
more flash flooding and we remain under a flash flood watch.

Vern