[RP TownTalk] Flash flooding

S Collins ugglywump at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 10:34:38 UTC 2014

Thanks to all for their hard work during this very unusual storm!  And thanks for keeping us posted.

 Subject: [RP TownTalk] Flash flooding
 To: "TownTalk" <TownTalk at riverdale-park.org>
 Date: Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 4:24 PM

 Friends and
 neighbors, As most of you know there
 was significant flash flooding this morning between
 approximately 8:30 and 10. Parts of our immediate region
 received as much as 5 inches in this very short period.
  Police, public works, other town staff, council members
 and myself have received numerous calls, texts, and emails
 related to this very unusual event. We are trying to address
 the most serious and immediate results of this event, and
 will make all reasonable efforts to respond to specific
 messages.
  The Washington Post has a good overview
 of this:  http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/heavy-rain-in-prince-georges-causes-flash-flooding-several-cars-stalled-in-high-waters/2014/06/10/97857d92-f0ac-11e3-bf76-447a5df6411f_story.html?hpid=z3
  Please be aware and watchful this evening
 as there is the possibility of more flash flooding and we
 remain under a flash flood watch.
  Vern
 -----Inline Attachment Follows-----