[RP TownTalk] More break ins

Jenni Pompi jpompi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 14:32:45 UTC 2014

Hi, folks, when I was covering Riverdale Park for Patch, I used
crimereports.com to pull together my weekly/biweekly crime blotter. The
Riverdale Park Police Department and PGPD both submit incidents (and do so
fairly frequently), so if you go to the site and enter our ZIP code, it
will pull up a map of reported crimes within a specified period. You can
choose the dates, and even narrow down the types of crimes you are
searching for. It's far from perfect (you can't tell if arrests were made,
only if reports were filed), but it will give you SOME info, and then you
can call the police and ask them for more details on a particular incident
if you'd like. If you have the date/time/address of a specific incident,
RPPD should be able to pull the incident report for you.

Jenni