[RP TownTalk] Parent/Community Meeting at William Wirt Middle School--Monday 6:30

Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Sat May 10 16:20:25 UTC 2014

Greetings friends and neighbors,

Next Monday evening the 12th at 6:30, there will be an important meeting at
William Wirt Middle School.  The school system has received a School
Improvement Grant III from the state, which hopefully will be a good thing;
however, in the short run Principal Prentice Christian is being
transferred.

The meeting Monday will look at the overall transformation that the system
is aiming for, and at hiring a new principal. It is important that parents
of current and future students (yes, those with 4th, 5th and 6th graders
should be THE MOST CONCERNED) along with other interested members of the
community should come out! It is not only important to find out what the
plans are, but also to let the school system know that we as a community DO
CARE about the schools that serve our residents.

Also, there is an online survey inquiring about what we, the
community, cares most about in hiring a new principal. To take this survey
please go to:

www.research.net/s/williamwirtms

Thanks and best wishes,

Vern