[RP TownTalk] Question about Trash Pickup

bob smith sfmc68 at verizon.net
Fri May 16 14:18:34 UTC 2014

Happy weekend - I am just curious about how many folks and how often
Bates misses your trash pickup.  A serious majority of the time, I have
my trash out before 5 AM, and some times around 7PM the night before,
and my trash is picked up during the time I am out of the house.
Very seldom do they miss snagging the trash by 5PM. The teams always
seem to do a superb job so that the Missed My Trash episodes seem to
stick out, in my case, maybe 3 to 5 times since Bates has had the
contract, not a statistically significant count!

Now, I understand, we all have varying loads of stuff to go - and that
can fill up a truck on a route, and Bates has to dump, putting them
behind on our perceived schedule.

BUT - I keep hearing some folks have a consistent Monday trash miss,
getting it out on time, and still not picked up.  Is this a common
problem? Is there something about where the containers are visible or
something (ahem, I know I miss stuff right in front of me when I look
for it!)?

So, just asking.
thanks
bob