[RP TownTalk] Riverdale Park Farmers Market Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu May 29 14:51:38 UTC 2014

Please join us today from 3 PM to 7 PM at 4650 Queensbury Road, Riverdale
Park, MD for great local food, live music, and a chance to meet the
neighbors.

New for this week:
We are pleased to announce that Blades Orchard will be at the Riverdale
Park Farmers Market for the first time this season. We will have fresh
picked strawberries! Also, canned peaches, preserves, and apple butter.
Please stop by to see us, we have missed everyone during the long winter
season.
This week, the RPFM Fruit & Pickle Stand will be offering some stock of
Kim-Chi & Kale Chi, Krauts, District Dills and Kicky Kosher pickles in
smaller jars with the same amount of pickles as before. We're also offering
Cameo & Fuji Apples, more Apple Sauce including a “no-sugar added” option
and a “no-cinnamon” option too.

Musachio Produce will be back with their customary first crops of potted
flowers & asparagus, and strawberries. Be sure to arrive early,
strawberries were flying off the shelves last week and you don’t want to
miss out.

News from Eco City: Farm shares and these items will be available this week
from ECO City Farms: Pac Choi, Beets, spinach, head lettuce, turnips,
radish, spring mix, spicy mix, mache, arugula, dandelion, chard, carrots &
lovage.

Boxers Rest Farm will be offering USDA Organic Baby Red Kale, Spicy Salad
Mix, tatsoi, Easter Egg & Cherry Belle Radishes, arugula, lettuce mix &
spinach.

Jack Creek Plants will have more tomato varieties this week, including
heirlooms. Basil and cilantro plants will be around too.

Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe is back in town this week with their cleverly
unique flavor combinations.

Mystic Water Soap will be at the Riverdale Park Farmers Market today
(weather permitting)!

Shine Massage & Wellness will be back with chair massages this week on a
“Pay As You Are Able” system.

For your Listening Pleasure we have: Local favorite, Hyattsville resident,
and frequent market goer Audrey Engdahl singing a variety of adult and kid
oriented favorites.

Going Strong:

Here's a message from Groff's Content Farm & a recipe: We have lots of
eggs. Chops, shoulder, spare ribs and loin roast are available. Off the
special we also have: bacon, pastured lamb, free range chicken, and many
cuts of grass fed beef. Here's your recipe: Saucy Pork Chops

Bonaparte Breads will be back this week with their great artisan breads
made with organic flour and superb Parisian style baked goods.

Geppetto Catering BBQ will be back with their delicious slow cooked
sustainable meats.

Zeke's Coffee of DC will have:
their normal coffees plus Royal Blue blend. Ask them about the new roastery
on Rhode Island Avenue, NE.

Eat Fresh Maryland and the market are continuing to offer incentives for
folks using SNAP, WIC, Seniors, and Fruit & Vegetable Checks and will
accept these forms of payment @ the market. We will also be accepting both
debit and credit transactions for a $1 fee.
Stone Hearth Bakery will be back with their great line of European style
artisan breads, pastries, and cookies

Going, going, gone!
* Cakes by Ruthann has decided to concentrate on larger farmers markets for
her products. When you see her, wish her well. We'll miss you.

Coming Soon:
Thank God It's Fresh will be back starting next week with several types of
lettuces, spinach, beets, radishes etc.

Happy Hens Barnyard, out of Princess Anne, MD will be coming starting this
week with cage free hen eggs and locally caught seafood.

Number One Sons is having trouble getting to the market this month but the
market stand will have limited quantities of their products available.

Important Notices:

Food safety notice: Due to a preponderance of evidence and our county's
health department regulations, dogs are no longer welcome at the farmers
market. We regret the loss but hope that our dog owning customers will
forgive us for this change.