[RP TownTalk] Riverdale Park Farmers Market Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 14:55:03 UTC 2015

Riverdale Park's Farmers Market

*Today : June 25, 2015  3 - 7PM*

*@: 6204 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD (next to Riverdale MARC
station)*

Get your napa and red cabbage, curly and dino kale, spring mix, collards,
mustard, baby kale, head lettuce, radishes, pac choi, spicy mix, arugula,
mini head lettuce, dandelion greens, and microgreens, fruit
preserves, apples, pastured meats, free range hen eggs, fresh small batch
roasted coffees, Viburnum, Lily of the Valley, mixed bouquets, some
tulips while we enjoy mid Spring. Don't miss it!  Evening hours are fun at
the market!   We look forward to seeing you Thursdays from 3 to 7pm at the
Riverdale Park Town Center, rain or shine.

*WEATHER: Mid 80's and some showers this week.*

*Feature Farmer: We welcome back Peachy Family Dairy to the market for
their bi-weekly appearance.*

*Feature News: *

This week, Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe is featuring the following ice cream
flavors this week: Peanut Butter Ripple, Pralines n Cream, Orange
Cremesicle, and Mango Sorbet.

Through the generous contributions from the Riverdale Park Town Council and
the facilitation of the Maryland State Farmers Market Association, the
Maryland Market Money program is up and running again. Our new match amount
for the Outdoor season is up to $7 for each $7 spent at the market.

You won't see at market this week: We expect Peachy Family Dairy back next
week with their delicious goat products.

Feature Article: Don't know what to cook with ingredients in the fridge?
<http://www.supercook.com/#/recipes/All%2520recipes>

Groff's Content Farm <https://www.facebook.com/GroffsContentFarm> does a
super job of raising pastured meats. Pick out your favorite recipe and try
some this weekend. They also have some delightful raw milk cheeses for your
enjoyment.

*Growers:* Groff's Content Farm - Pastured meats & eggs, ECO City Farm
(peas, fava bean, radish, spring mix, escarole/endive, kale, mustard,
carrots, kohlrabi, scallions, baby kale, spicy mix, arugula, head lettuce,
pac choi, mustard, micro greens/pea shoots), Musachio Produce (spinach,
blueberries, strawberries, spinach, asparagus, rhubarb, flowers & garlic;
Blades Orchard will have peaches and Musachio Produce will have corn.

Sorry, Boxer's Rest Farm has had some problems with readiness this week. Roy
& RT's Garden is on hiatus this week due to Ramadan. Mystic Water Soap is
out with a personal injury

Jack Creek Plants (The Profusion Zinnias are finally showing off their
colors! Heat tolerant - disease resistant - 12" to 16" high and wide. They
also attract butterflies - a great way to celebrate National Pollinator
Week!) Don't forget Red Chimney Farm's great flowers too!

*Tasty Treats:* Geppetto Catering BBQ, El Taco Loco, The Verandah (Indian
food),  Migue's Magnificent Mini Donuts, Stone Hearth Bakery.

*Speciality: Alaskawild Seafood's wild caught salmon, Elk Run Vineyard &
Winery, Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe *

*Entertainers: Great music from Rodeo Motel.*

*Kid fun:* Good old sidewalk chalk!

*Important Notices:*

Food safety notice: Due to a preponderance of evidence and our county's
health department regulations, dogs are no longer welcome at
the farmers market. We regret the loss but hope that our dog owning
customers will forgive us for this change.

Important note about parking: only parallel parking is allowed on Maryland
Ave (the road that passes under East-West Highway) -- please do not park in
any other manner.

*Got ideas for improvements?* Talk to or email Jim Coleman and share your
thoughts!  We can do it: change begins in Riverdale Park!
Bring Your Own Bag!
We are also interested in making sure folks know about us on Yelp and
Chowhound.
Shameless Promotion: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!

Our favorite nationally known local food site, localharvest.org is always
looking for more reviews of the market.

Send us your recipe with local ingredients and we'll put the best recipes
in next week's newsletter and give you a $10 Fruits & Veggies gift
certificate from the market!

Facebook is soliciting for reviews of our market. Please tell them what you
love about our market! If there's something you dislike about our market,
please tell me first so I can address it personally, rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com.
   As one customer recently told us, "Riverdale Park is the fun market!"
Each week we offer live music by award winning local artists, kids'
entertainment, and a wide selection of fresh produce and specialty items
sold directly by Maryland farmers. Held at our town center, 6404 Rhode
Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD

Riverdale Park Farmers Market is supported in part by So Maryland So Good..