[RP TownTalk] Cherry Blossom Bike Ride anyone?

Bruce Wernek bruce.wernek at verizon.net
Fri Mar 17 14:57:57 UTC 2017

All

The weather is finally getting warmer so I'm planning a Cherry Blossom Bike Ride Sunday at 9am.  The meet place is the Town Center Market (TCM) outside seating area.  It should be a great day for the ride since it will be in the 50s.

If anyone is interested, meet me at the TCM and we can take it from there.  The shortest route would be from TCM to Hains Point and then along the tidal basin.  I'm guessing the ride will be around 28 miles round trip depending on the ride distance along the tidal basin.

If I solo, I'll peddle up the Sligo Creek Trail to Silver Springs through a couple of side streets to the Georgetown Branch Trail to the Crescent Trail in Bethesda.  I'll take the Crescent Trail to the tidal basin to Hains Point then to the Anacostia Riverwalk Trail back to TCM.  I'm guessing this one will be 40+ miles.  The route shouldn't be too challenging given coasting down the Crescent Trail from to the tow path rather than peddling up to Bethesda from the tow path.

Hope to get some takers.  If not, sit home and be a couch potato.

Bruce