[RP TownTalk] Yard Waste pick up

Jeffrey Yorke yorkedial at gmail.com
Fri May 19 16:34:05 UTC 2017

When we bought the apartments on scenic Natoli Place in July 2005, we
inherited "a relationship" with Waste Management to "service" the dumpster
twice a week. By year's end the cost skyrocketed to nearly $400 a month.
The company was almost Hollywood-creative in excuses for NOT retrieving
garbage twice a week. Customer service was Tony Soprano-like without the
immense charm of James Gandolfini. But after a series of terse phone calls
(their end, then ours) and faxes, signed documents, the divorce was final
and we teamed with what today trades as *WB Waste Solutions*. It was a
small Northwest DC company (operating under such names as  Progressive
Waste Solutions, IESI) and has been gobbled up a handful of times since.
However, its customer service department is still based on the edge of
Cheverly and a live person answers complaints (once, twice, maybe) so
hurdles are cleared within hours, trash gone. And the cost of service today
is HALF of what "organized trash" cost us in 2005!

*WB Waste Solutions, LLC Operations Campus: *301-779-3170*; Corporate
Headquarters, *301-486-7502. David Valdez, director of operations.
http://www.wbwaste.com

Bates? Don't they do hotels?

Thanks, too, Alan, for picking up your first big obstacle as mayor: trash!

-- Jeffrey Yorke

--
Jeffrey Yorke
Yorke Property Management, Inc.