[RP TownTalk] EXT : Proposed "Voter Expansion" legislation

Bruce Wernek bruce.wernek at verizon.net
Fri Mar 9 18:56:28 UTC 2018

Dwight

Did the voting requirements for each of the municipalities listed below consist of being 18 years of age and a resident for 30 days?  Your post doesn't mean much if you don't list the related terms and conditions for non voters.

Not sure what point you are trying to make.  Just because these other municipalities are doing this doesn't make it right for us.

Frankly, I think this is the only reason this legislation is being proposed.  Not because it's needed or folks are asking for it.  It's simply because Hyattsville, Mt Rainier, etc. have done it.  I would prefer if my council woman proposed legislation requested by her constituents, not legislation that has been adopted in other municipalities.

BTW, Have you read the proposed "Voter Expansion" legislation?

Bruce