[RP TownTalk] Maryland Meadworks Hours & Events This Week

Ken Carter brewshi at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 10 16:50:33 UTC 2019

* Thursday, December 12th, 7-10 pm:  Yarnia + Open Mic Night
 We are pleased to announce our first open mike mash-up with Yarnia this week and, if all goes well, every second Thursday of the month going forward.  John Figura and Tom Liddle of the band Run Come See will lead the way. They'll kick things off with a few tunes and then they will get you plugged in and rocking.  The night is free, all ages, and open to all styles of music.  Bring your friends and a tune to share with the community!  Sign-ups are in person and start at 7:30pm.  Music at 8:00pm.
* Friday, December 13th, 7-10 pm:  Janine and Arch: Mistletoe MagicWe are excited to welcome Janine Wilson and Arch Alcantara back to the Meadworks stager! It's holiday time so you can count on award-winning originals and favorite Christmas tunes to get even the toughest Scrooge in the mood. Bring your mistletoe, y'all (that's a direct quote from Janine)! Janine has won 10 Washington Area Music Awards, including album and song of the year. She has performed everywhere from her back porch to The Kennedy Center Millennium Stage and has released three great albums. Arch is an accomplished guitarist who plays in several bands around the DMV. Free event.
* Saturday, December 14th, 7-10 pm: Portobello Brass QuintetYou may have heard the Portobello Brass Quintet at our one year anniversary party playing selections from Nightmare Before Christmas.  They are young, fun, energetic, and talented.  For the past three years, Portobello Brass has spread holiday and winter cheer throughout the DMV with Winter Caroling performances. Join us for a night of traditional carols, winter favorites, and some lesser known arrangements by great brass composers.  Free event.

Coming up:
> Jazz Night, Friday, Dec. 20
> Rosa Tatuata Solstice Soiree, Dec. 21
Maryland Meadworks4700 Rhode Island Avenue (next to Shortcake Bakery)Hyattsville, MD 20781http://www.marylandmeadworks.com
Hours:Thursdays & Fridays: 4-10 pmSaturdays: noon-10 pmSundays: noon-7 pm