[RP TownTalk] Maryland Meadworks Hours and Events This Week

Ken Carter brewshi at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 8 16:04:07 UTC 2019

* Thursday, Oct. 10th, 7-10 pm:  YarniaOctober is here and it's time to start knitting!  Open to anyone who likes to knit, craft, draw, and relax.  All ability levels, friendly company, and delicious mead.  New Yarnians welcomed with open yarns :)
* Friday, Oct. 11th, 7-10 pm:  Mock Turtle In Norse mythology, the Poetic Mead or Mead of Poetry, is a mythical beverage that whomever drinks it becomes a skald or scholar and can recite any information and solve any question.  The Mock Turtle is a University of Maryland-based reading series that features MFA candidates in poetry & fiction from local universities. Readings are held each month during the semester.  Their slogan is:  We read. We drink. We make friends. Join us! Free event.
* Friday, Oct. 11th, 8-11 pm:  Lauren Calve Lauren Calve will be performing in the Listening Room at the Gateway Arts Center on Friday. Calve is a Washington, D.C. area singer-songwriter, guitar and lap steel player who has brought a vital new energy to the Americana scene.  Building on the vibrant blend of blues, country and rock that continues to shape her musical vision, she just finished recording her third album which is set for release in early 2020. Tickets are just $15 at the door or online. Of course, Maryland Meadworks will be supplying the elixirs for the night :)
* Saturday, October 12th, 7-10 pm:  Peiffer's Corner
 Jazz French Horn? Yes, and it is amazing!  Join John Peiffer and his band Peiffer's Corner for a unique night of Jazz, Blues, Bossa and Swing.  John sings and plays French horn, natural horn (hunting horn), recorders, harmonicas and ukuleles. He is the former Assistant Principal French Horn with the Kennedy Center Opera House Orchestra.  He has incredible Jazz and Blues chops and writes his own material. Notable local musicians Peter Fields and Scott Giambusso will be joining him on guitar and bass.  As John says: You gotta dig this!
Coming up:
>Bach Brew, Thursday, Oct. 17>Jazz Night, Friday, Oct. 18>Midnight Underground, Saturday, Oct. 19
Maryland Meadworks4700 Rhode Island Avenue (next to Shortcake Bakery)Hyattsville, MD 20781http://www.marylandmeadworks.com

Hours:Thursdays & Fridays: 4-10 pmSaturdays: noon-10 pmSundays: noon-7 pm