[RP TownTalk] Maryland Meadworks Hours and Events This Week

Ken Carter brewshi at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 29 17:56:32 UTC 2019

* Thursday, Oct. 31st:  CLOSED for HalloweenThe Meadworks will be closed this Thursday so that we can enjoy some Halloween thrills and chills. * Friday, November 1st, 7-10 pm:  Letitia VanSant Please join us for a night of fabulous music from singer-songwriter Letitia VanSant!  Her lyrics are at once personally and politically relevant.  BBC Radio calls her a "fascinating new artist." In 2017 she won the Kerrville New Folk Songwriting Competition, an honor shared along with the likes of Lucinda Williams, Lyle Lovett, Nanci Griffith, Anais Mitchell, and Caroline Spence. Local guitar legend David McKindley-Ward will fortify her arrangements with harmonies, electric and acoustic guitar, and bouzouki. They'll be cutting loose on Friday, playing a mix of their favorite covers and beautiful originals.  https://www.letitiavansant.com

* Saturday, November 2nd, 8-10 pm:  Comedy Night!
We've done it twice before and had a great time so let's try it again!.  Come on down to Maryland Meadworks to enjoy some of the DMV's best comics.  We will be joined by Chris Lawrence and Gigi Modrich for a fun-filled night of mead and mirth.  See what I did there.  And Hyattsville local, Kevin Blackerby, will be serving as our host for the night.  It's a free show but seating is limited so get there early if you want a seat. Or take your time if you don't mind watching from the back of the room.  This is really a great opportunity to see some wonderful comics who are coming out to Hyattsville to perform.

Coming up:> Alif Laila, Friday, Nov. 8 (at the Brentwood Arts Exchange)> Jazz Night, Friday, Nov. 15> MacPhersons Pocket Watch, Saturday, Nov. 16
Maryland Meadworks4700 Rhode Island Avenue (next to Shortcake Bakery)Hyattsville, MD 20781http://www.marylandmeadworks.com
Hours:Thursdays & Fridays: 4-10 pmSaturdays: noon-10 pmSundays: noon-7 pm