[RP TownTalk] Maryland Meadworks Hours and Events This Week

Ken Carter brewshi at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 11 15:21:28 UTC 2019

* Thursday, September 12th, 7-10 pm: Yarnia & the YarniansSeptember is here and it's time to start knitting!  Open to anyone who likes to knit, craft, draw, and relax.  All ability levels, friendly company, and delicious mead.  New Yarnians welcomed with open yarns :)
* Friday, September 13th, 7-10 pm:  Swing Five Live at the Meadworks!Amazing local guitarist, James Key and friends will be back at the Meadworks this Friday!  Begin with the heartbeat of a slap bass and the pulse of two rhythm guitars. Add to it melodic runs sweetly played on the accordion and a soaring fiddle. What you get is the Swing 5 band playing gypsy jazz and swing music from a time when a night out meant live music that provokes the uncontrollable urge to dance! Lead by talented local guitarist James Key and influenced by the legendary Django Reinhardt, this is a show you won't want to miss!  Free event.

>> New Maryland Meadworks WebsiteCheck out our new website: http://www.marylandmeadworks.com where you will find a description of the mead currently on tap, upcoming events (more than a week out), fun photos and parking information.  The site was developed by Hannah Chertock, who is also helping to curate our cool new Multi-Media Art Exhibition: Inspired Bodies https://www.facebook.com/events/2276079885824592/
>> New Coffee Mead on Tap!
Try our latest mead, "Good Vibrations" - a collaboration mead crafted with El Fuego cold-brewed coffee from Vigilante Coffee, wildflower honey, and Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Beans.  15% ABV.
Coming up:* Thursday, September 19th, Talk Like a Pirate Day
* Friday, September 20th, Summer Jam* Friday, September 20th, Jazz Night* Saturday, September 21st, Hyattsville Arts and Ales Festival
Maryland Meadworks4700 Rhode Island Avenue (next to Shortcake Bakery)Hyattsville, MD 20781
Hours:Thursdays & Fridays: 4-10 pmSaturdays: noon-10 pmSundays: noon-7 pm